Dental Implants in Churubusco, IN
Revolutionary Titanium Technology
Losing your teeth can make you lose confidence in your smile. But more importantly, the consequences of having gaps in your smile can cause functional problems with your teeth and overall health. These embarrassing issues can often keep patients from living their lives to the fullest. That’s why Dr. Bixler and his expert dental team offer dental implants — the highest-quality tooth replacement options available!
Dental implants are tooth-replacement solutions that mimic your natural tooth roots. These titanium rods bond directly to your jawbone, giving you unmatched functionality from your new teeth. The integration process makes your dental implants look, feel, and perform exactly like your natural teeth.
Discover why our Churubusco, IN dental team trusts dental implants over any other restoration by reading the guide below.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Dr. Bixler and his experienced dental team recommend implants for patients who want to permanently replace missing teeth. This advanced restorative method has several benefits, including:
- Durable — Implants can be a lifelong solution to tooth loss because they replace your tooth roots. The root is the part of your tooth that attaches the crown to your jawbone.
- Saves bone strength — Your titanium restorations are surgically placed into your jawbone, allowing the two to naturally bond. This process stimulates bone cell production and puts an end to any bone degradation.
- Natural appearance — The only visible part of your restoration is a customized dental crown that sits atop your implant. We’ll design the crown to look, feel, and function just like your natural teeth.
- Easy care — Your implants are easy to maintain — all you have to do is brush and floss your teeth twice a day to keep your implants healthy and spotless. Dr. Bixler also recommends visiting our Churubusco, IN dentist office twice a year for regular checkups.
The Dental Implants Process
There are several steps we have to take to prepare your smile for your implants. These steps generally take between three and six months to complete, depending on your specific restoration needs.
Step 1: Your Consultation
You’ll begin your journey to a new smile with a meticulous whole-mouth cleaning. Our dentists will examine your oral health and jawbone density during this appointment. We’ll also diagnose and provide treatment for any underlying dental issues as necessary.
If you’ve been missing teeth for a while, you may have lost bone structure beneath the empty tooth socket. As a result, we may need to provide a supplemental procedure such as a bone graft to help strengthen your implant foundation.
Step 2: Placing Your Titanium Implants
Once our team has assessed your jaw, we’ll create your titanium implants. You’ll then return to our office, where one of our team members will once again meticulously clean your teeth and gums.
After administering a local anesthetic or your desired sedation dentistry option, Dr. Bixler will place your implants directly into your jawbone. This procedure is finalized by placing temporary crowns on your implants to use during the recovery period.
Step 3: Receiving Your Custom Porcelain Crowns
Once your implants have fully healed, our dental team will place your permanent dental crowns. These personalized crowns attach to your implant right below your gumline to recreate the appearance and structure of your natural teeth. You’ll leave our office that day with a functional, appearance-boosting tooth restoration that you’ll be proud to share with your neighbors.
Caring For Your Dental Implants
Your implants can be a long-term solution to missing teeth with an active oral hygiene routine. Fortunately, caring for your dental implants is easy.
Dr. Bixler shares his tips for implant maintenance below:
- Brush your teeth with non-whitening toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush twice every day or after eating.
- Floss your implants at least once a day, being mindful to not snap the floss onto your gums.
Visit our Churubusco, IN dental office twice a year or every six months for routine maintenance.
Discover Dental Implants With Dr. Bixler
Dental implants come highly recommended by most dentists as the longest-lasting tooth restoration method. These reliable implants are trusted by dental professionals everywhere because of their reliable results. At Turtle Town Dental, our dentists know that implants can change your life and your confidence.
Learn more about dental implants from Dr. Bixler and his experienced dental team. We’ll work with you to find the best solution for your smile. Contact our office near Fort Wayne, IN today to schedule your consultation.