Dental Bridges in Churubusco, IN
Fix Your Smile and Boost Your Confidence with Bridge Restorations
Missing teeth can wreak havoc on your daily life, impairing your speech and eating abilities. If the absence of teeth has taken a toll on your confidence, dental bridges from Turtle Town Dental in Churubusco, IN, are proud to offer this reliable restorative solution. Our skilled team, led by Dr. John Bixler, ensures a customized and comfortable procedure. Call (260) 693-9300 to learn more.
What Are Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges also referred to as fixed partial dentures, consist of two or more dental crowns flanking a synthetic tooth known as a pontic. This custom-crafted restoration bridges the gap left by a missing tooth or multiple missing teeth. Supported by natural teeth, dental bridges are an exceptional solution for individuals with one or more missing teeth.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
Dental bridges offer a range of advantages, including:
- Restored Functionality: Dental bridges enable you to eat and speak with ease, even if you have missing teeth.
- Improved Aesthetics: They enhance your smile by filling in gaps left by missing teeth, providing a natural appearance.
- Maintained Facial Shape: Dental bridges help preserve the shape of your face, preventing a sunken appearance.
- Oral Health: By replacing missing teeth, they aid in maintaining the alignment of surrounding teeth.
- Quick and Effective: The procedure is minimally invasive and can be completed in just a few appointments.
Candidacy for Dental Bridges
- One or more missing teeth
- Damaged or fractured teeth
- Extensively decayed teeth
- Large fillings that necessitate reinforcement
Having healthy teeth adjacent to the bridge’s placement area is imperative for a successful outcome. To determine your eligibility for dental bridges, reach out to our office at (260) 693-9300.
How Do Dental Bridges Work?
Dr. John Bixler and Dr. Margaret Neese at Turtle Town Dental will determine the most suitable type of dental bridge based on your unique requirements. This straightforward procedure can rejuvenate your smile in as little as two visits to our Churubusco practice and involves:
- Assessment: Your dentist will examine your dental health and discuss the most suitable type of bridge for your needs.
- Preparation: We’ll prepare the adjacent teeth by reducing their size to accommodate dental crowns that support pontics.
- Impressions: Detailed impressions of your teeth are taken to create a custom bridge that fits perfectly.
- Temporary Bridge: While the permanent bridge is being crafted, you may receive a temporary bridge to maintain functionality.
- Fitting: Once the custom bridge is ready, it is placed and adjusted for a natural fit.
- Final Placement: The permanent bridge is securely bonded, ensuring durability and stability.
Aftercare for Dental Bridges
After having a dental bridge placed, it’s essential to follow these aftercare guidelines:
- Oral Hygiene: Maintain proper oral hygiene with regular brushing and flossing.
- Diet: Be mindful of your diet, avoiding hard or sticky foods that may damage the bridge.
- Dental Check-ups: Schedule regular dental check-ups to ensure the bridge’s condition and oral health.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does a dental bridge last?
The lifespan of a dental bridge varies based on factors like oral hygiene and wear and tear. With proper care, they can last a decade or longer. Maintain good oral hygiene and attend biannual dental visits to keep your bridge in good shape.
Does insurance cover the cost of dental bridges?
Many dental insurance plans provide coverage for dental bridges, but the extent of coverage varies. Consult your insurance provider to understand your benefits. Your dentist’s office may also have financing options.
Do dental bridges hurt?
The process of getting a dental bridge is typically painless, as it is done under local anesthesia. Some patients may experience mild discomfort or sensitivity after the procedure, which usually subsides quickly. If the pain persists, consult your dentist.
How many teeth can be on a dental bridge?
The number of teeth that can be included on a dental bridge depends on your dental needs and the recommendations of your primary care dentist. For a personalized assessment, consult a dental professional.
Restore Your Oral Health and Beautiful Smile
Our team of highly skilled dentists is eager to assist with all your dental requirements. To explore the world of dental bridges or to arrange an appointment, please get in touch with our Churubusco dental office at (260) 693-9300. Rediscover your radiant smile today!
As one of the premier dental practices for dentures in Churubusco, Indiana, the team at Turtle Town Dental also provides award-winning dental & orthodontic care to patients from Fort Wayne, Albion, Columbia City, Avilla, Kendallville, Garrett & Ligonier.